- Date: May 31, 2023 - June 2, 2023
Where: San Diego, CA
MERL Contacts: Karl Berntorp; Ankush Chakrabarty; Vedang M. Deshpande; Stefano Di Cairano; Marcus Greiff; Devesh K. Jha; Christopher R. Laughman; Rien Quirynen; Arvind Raghunathan; Diego Romeres; Abraham P. Vinod; Yebin Wang; Avishai Weiss
Research Areas: Control, Machine Learning, Optimization
- MERL will present 10 papers at the American Control Conference (ACC) in San Diego, CA, with topics including autonomous-vehicle decision making and control, physics-informed machine learning, motion planning, control subject to nonconvex chance constraints, and optimal power management. Two talks are part of tutorial sessions.
MERL will also be present at the conference as a sponsor, with a booth for discussing with researchers and students, and hosting a special session at lunch with highlights of MERL research and work philosophy.
- Date: December 6, 2022 - December 9, 2022
Where: Cancún, Mexico
MERL Contacts: Mouhacine Benosman; Karl Berntorp; Ankush Chakrabarty; Marcus Greiff; Devesh K. Jha; Arvind Raghunathan; Diego Romeres; Yebin Wang
Research Areas: Control, Optimization
- MERL researchers presented six papers at the Conference on Decision and Control that was held in Cancún, Mexico from December 6-9, 2022. The papers covered a broad range of topics in the areas of decision making and control, including Bayesian optimization, quadratic programming, solution of differential equations, distributed Kalman filtering, thermal monitoring of batteries, and closed-loop control optimization.
- Date: August 25, 2022
Awarded to: Marcus Greiff
MERL Contact: Marcus Greiff
Research Areas: Control, Dynamical Systems, Robotics
- Marcus Greiff, a Visiting Research Scientist at MERL, was awarded one of three outstanding student paper awards at the IEEE CCTA 2022 conference for his paper titled "Quadrotor Control on SU(2)xR3 with SLAM Integration". The award was given for originality, clarity, and potential impact on practical applications of control. The work presents a complete UAV control system design, facilitating autonomous supermarket inventorying without the need for external motion capture systems. A video of the experiments is on YouTube, including both simulations and real-time examples.
- Date: August 26, 2020
Awarded to: Marcus Greiff, Anders Robertsson, Karl Berntorp
MERL Contacts: Karl Berntorp; Marcus Greiff
Research Areas: Control, Signal Processing
- Marcus Greiff, a former MERL intern from the Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, Sweden, won one of three 2020 CCTA Outstanding Student Paper Awards and the Best Student Paper Award at the 2020 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications. The research leading up to the awarded paper titled 'MSE-Optimal Measurement Dimension Reduction in Gaussian Filtering', concerned how to select a reduced set of measurements in estimation applications while minimally degrading performance, was done in collaboration with Karl Berntorp at MERL.