We are always on the lookout for exceptional scientists and engineers to join MERL.
With offices in Cambridge, MA, we offer a collaborative research environment with excellent benefits where talented people apply their skills and grow professionally. For students, we give scores of interns every year an opportunity to participate in exciting research in a stimulating environment with the likelihood of a publication as a result.
For a flavor of what MERL is like, browse our people, projects and publications pages. We also invite you to read the welcome letter from our President, Dr. Richard C. Waters, which will give you a sense of the company culture. If you have an interest in working at MERL please submit your resume using the "apply online" button for one of the job openings below.
Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs, Inc. "MERL" provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MERL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MERL expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MERL's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Working at MERL requires full authorization to work in the U.S and access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment is conditioned on continued full authorization to work in the U.S and the availability of government authorization for the release of these items, which might include without limitation, obtaining an export license or other documentation. MERL may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to MERL facilities and information systems, as MERL deems appropriate, to ensure practical compliance with applicable employment law and government access control restrictions.
- SA1883: Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist - Speech & Audio
- HQ1995: Information Technology Support Specialist
SA1883: Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist - Speech & Audio
MERL's Speech & Audio Group is seeking an exceptional researcher in the area of artificial intelligence, with particular focus on and interest in audio, speech, and/or language processing. We are looking for candidates with a strong background and experience in deep learning and other advanced machine learning techniques.
Our research focuses on cutting-edge projects for robust acquisition, recognition, and understanding of speech and audio, such as end-to-end speech recognition, speech and sound separation, deep-learning-based microphone array processing, general sound scene understanding, audio-visually grounded NLP, and other forms of multi-modal processing .
As a member of our group, you will conduct original research aiming to advance the state-of-the-art in the field , proposing new projects with long-term research goals and taking on a leadership role on some of the group's projects.
MERL is one of the most academically-oriented industrial research labs in the world, and the ideal environment to thrive as a leader in the speech and audio field. MERL strongly supports and encourages publishing and presenting research results in top international conferences and peer-reviewed journals, collaborating with university professors and students, and maintaining an influential presence in the academic community, for example by participating in technical committees or organizing workshops and challenges.
- A Ph.D. from an internationally recognized institution in electrical engineering, applied mathematics, computer science or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in modern speech technologies as well as relevant machine learning and optimization techniques.
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research achievements.
- Excellent programming skills, particularly in Python and deep learning toolkits.
- Strong teamwork, communication, listening, writing, and presentation skills.
PRINCIPALS ONLY Apply Online. No phone calls please.
Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HQ1995: Information Technology Support Specialist
MERL is seeking an Information Technology Support Specialist. The selected individual will be the primary conduit between our user community and the IT department. The ideal candidate must be adaptable and possess excellent customer service, effective written and verbal communication skills, and develop trustworthy and reliable relationships with employees, vendors, and guests. They will combine these skills with proven technical ability and a willingness to learn and function as part of a team to successfully execute their job functions. Organizational skills, attention to detail, time/priority management, and self-motivation are also vital for success in this role.
- Install computer equipment, desktops, monitors, mouse and keyboards to new hires and interns yearly.
- Handle the connection of new employees into MERL's systems (such as Office 365, Active Directory, email lists, phone system, accounting system, and the disconnection of employees when they leave.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs/upgrades of computer components, disks, memory, power supplies and GPU clusters.
- Move phones, desktops and monitors in a timely manner.
- Securely destroy confidential hardware to meet our standards.
- Work and follow instructions as needed.
- Escalate more complex incidents to the appropriate technical resources.
- Yearly inventory management including auditing and reporting.
- Maintaining our standards for both request ticketing and hardware installation.
- Resolve issues confidently in a walkup IT environment or remote MS Teams chat sessions.
- Work well with IT and HR/Admin teams.
- Other duties as assigned as needed.
Characteristics / Qualification:
- Desktop/Laptop Imaging experience
- Microsoft 365 & the 365 Office Suite
- PC hardware and Windows 10 troubleshooting
- MacOS device hardware/OS
- Active Directory and Exchange experience
- Basic networking
- Basic IP knowledge. Must possess a basic understanding of wired/Wi-Fi networks and troubleshooting
Familiarity with the following is highly beneficial:
- Conference room technology
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- IT Service Management for ticketing
- AD Manager
- Cloud Storage Administration
- Teams' platform administration
- Hardware repair experience
- DNS issues
- Five days in the office Monday to Friday for the first year; potentially including some remote days after the first year.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA 02139: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)